Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Here are all the CCNA-level Routing and Switching commands you need in one condensed, portable resource. The CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide, Third Edition, is filled with valuable, easy-to-access information and is portable enough for use whether you’re in the server room or the equipment closet.
The guide summarizes all CCNA certification-level Cisco IOS® Software commands, keywords, command arguments, and associated prompts, providing you with tips and examples of how to apply the commands to real-world scenarios. Configuration examples throughout the book provide you with a better understanding of how these commands are used in simple network designs.
This book has been completely updated to cover topics in the ICND1 100-101, ICND2 200-101, and CCNA 200-120 exams. Use this quick reference resource to help you memorize commands and concepts as you work to pass the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam.
The book is organized into these parts:
• Part I TCP/IP v4
• Part II Introduction to Cisco Devices
• Part III Configuring a Router
• Part IV Routing
• Part V Switching
• Part VI Layer 3 Redundancy
• Part VII IPv6
• Part VIII Network Administration and Troubleshooting
• Part IX Managing IP Services
• Part X WANs
• Part XI Network Security
- Quick, offline access to all CCNA Routing and Switching commands for research and solutions
- Logical how-to topic groupings for a one-stop resource
- Great for review before CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
- Compact size makes it easy to carry with you, wherever you go
- “Create Your Own Journal” section with blank, lined pages allows you to personalize the book for your needs
- “What Do You Want to Do?” chart inside back cover helps you to quickly reference specific tasks
Scott Empson is the Associate Chair of the Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology degree program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where he teaches Cisco routing, switching, and network design courses. Scott is also the Program Coordinator of the Cisco Networking Academy Program at NAIT, a Regional Academy covering Central and Northern Alberta. He has earned three undergraduate degrees: a Bachelor of Arts, with a major in English; a Bachelor of Education, again with a major in English/Language Arts; and a Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology, with a major in Network Management. Scott also has a Masters of Education degree from the University of Portland. He holds several industry certifications, including CCNP, CCAI, Network+ and CEH.
Scott is the series creator and one of the authors of the Portable Command Guide Series. Portable Command Guides are filled with valuable, easy-to-access information to quickly refresh your memory. Each guide is portable enough for use whether you're in the server room or the equipment closet.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 How to Subnet
Chapter 2 VLSM
Chapter 3 Route SummarizationPart II Introduction to Cisco Devices
Chapter 4 Cables and Connections
Chapter 5 The Command Line InterfacePart III Configuring a Router
Chapter 6 Configuring a Single Cisco RouterPart IV Routing
Chapter 7 Static Routing
Chapter 8 EIGRP
Chapter 9 Single-Area OSPF
Chapter 10 Multi-Area OSPFPart V Switching
Chapter 11 Configuring a Switch
Chapter 12 VLANs
Chapter 13 VLAN Trunking Protocol and Inter-VLAN Communication
Chapter 14 STP and EtherChannelPart VI Layer 3 Redundancy
Chapter 15 HSRP and GLBP
Part VII IPv6
Chapter 16 IPv6
Chapter 17 OSPFv3
Chapter 18 EIGRPv6Part VIII Network Administration and Troubleshooting
Chapter 19 Backing Up and Restoring Cisco IOS Software and Configurations
Chapter 20 Password-Recovery Procedures and the Configuration Register
Chapter 21 Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
Chapter 22 Telnet and SSH
Chapter 23 ICMP
Chapter 24 SNMP and Syslog
Chapter 25 Basic Troubleshooting
Chapter 26 Cisco IOS Licensing