More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $19.34
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 3/7/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
B.P. Sahu is Professor, Department of History, University of Delhi.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Regions and the Constructions of Early India
Part I: EARLY PATTERNS OF SOCIAL AND CULTURAL CHANGE
1. Brahmanical Conception of Origin of Jatis: A Study of Manusmrti
2. Conception of the Kali Age in Early India: Perspectives from the Regions
3. Var?a, Jati, and the Shaping of Early Oriya Society
4. Profiling of Daksina Kosala: The Making of an Early Historical Subregion? Part II: THE TRAJECTORY OF REGIONAL POLITIES
5. Ways of Seeing: History and Historiography of the State in Early India
6. The Early State in Orissa: From the Perspective of Changing Forms of Patronage and Legitimation
7. Characterizing Early Medieval Indian Polity: The Case of Daksina Kosala and Beyond
8. Legitimation, Ideology, and State in Early India; Part III: THE SHAPING OF REGIONAL RURAL SOCIETIES
9. Mapping the Patterns of Regional Land Systems and Rural Society
10. Agrarian Changes and the Peasantry in Early Medieval Orissa
11. Shifting the Gaze: Facets of Sub-regional Agrarian Economies
12. Dissent and Protest in Early Indian Societies: Some Historiographic Remarks