What is included with this book?
The Character Book provides the Chinese characters for the core vocabulary in every lesson. It shows the following for each character:
1. Character with its stroke order indicated by numbers
2. Traditional & Simplified forms of the character
3. Pinyin pronunciation, grammatical usage, and sample sentences or phrases
4. Stroke order illustrated by writing the character progressively
5. Radical of the character with its Pinyin pronunciation and meaning
6. Ghosted images for students to trace over and dotted graph lines to aid students’ practice
Blank boxes are also included for students to practice writing the character. As a handy reference, three types of indices are provided in the Character Book: (1) By number of strokes; (2) By Lesson number; (3) Alphabetic by Pinyin.