ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For one-semester courses in General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry Show the importance of chemistry in the real world Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
, Twelfth Edition is the ideal resource for today’s allied health students. Assuming no prior knowledge of chemistry, author Karen Timberlake engages students through her friendly presentation style and reveals connections between the structure and behavior of matter and its role in health and the environment. With a renewed focus on problem-solving skills, the Twelfth Edition encourages active learning through the new, interactive Pearson eText enhanced with media within MasteringChemistry. New Interactive Videos, Sample Calculations, ‘Problem Solving in Allied Health’ Tutorials, and Dynamic Study Modules bring chemistry to life and walk students through different approaches to problem solving, providing remediation where needed.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MasteringChemistry®: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program helps students master core concepts and problem-solving skills, thus freeing up time in the classroom for instructors to focus on complex topics. This Package Contains:
• Show the relevance of chemistry through real-world examples: Activities and applications throughout the program couple chemistry concepts with health and environmental career applications to help students understand why course content matters.
• Foster development of problem-solving skills: The program introduces a variety of clear problem-solving strategies early in the text that are reinforced through Allied Health Tutorials in MasteringChemistry and revisited when needed.
• Help students visualize and understand concepts: The text’s engaging visual features, including macro-to-micro illustrations, a rich photographic program, and concept maps, help students understand chemistry by seeing chemistry.
• Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
, 12/e - 0321908449 / 9780321908445
• MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText ValuePack Access Card for Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
, 12/e - 0321909240 / 9780321909244
Karen Timberlake is Professor Emerita of chemistry at Los Angeles Valley College, where she taught chemistry for allied health and preparatory chemistry for 36 years. She received her bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Washington and her master’s degree in biochemistry from the University of California at Los Angeles.
Professor Timberlake has been writing chemistry textbooks for 35 years. During that time, her name has become associated with the strategic use of pedagogical tools that promote student success in chemistry and the application of chemistry to real-life situations. More than one million students have learned chemistry using texts, laboratory manuals, and study guides written by Karen Timberlake. In addition to Basic Chemistry, Fourth Edition, she is also the author of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry: Structures of Life, Fourth Edition, and Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, Eleventh Edition with the accompanying Study Guide, Selected Solutions Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Essential Laboratory Manual.
Professor Timberlake belongs to numerous science and educational organizations including the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA). She was the Western Regional Winner of Excellence in College Chemistry Teaching Award given by the Chemical Manufacturers Association. In 2004, she received the McGuffey Award in Physical Sciences from the Text and Academic Authors Association for her textbook Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, eight edition, which has demonstrated excellence over time. In 2006, she received the Textbook excellence award for the first edition of Basic Chemistry. She has participated in education grants for science teaching including the Los Angeles Collaborative for Teaching Excellence (LACTE) and a Title III grant at her college. She speaks at conferences and educational meetings on the use of student-centered teaching methods in chemistry to promote learning success of students.