ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Most balanced presentation of research and applications
Feldman’s Child Development, 6e offers students a balanced and up-to-date study of theory and research with a focus on application to students’ personal lives and future careers.
Child Development 6e introduces students to the theories, research, and applications of child and adolescent development. Organized chronologically, the book features a variety of student-focused tools that make the study of development interesting and engaging. It highlights the interrelationships between theory, research, and application, accentuating the scope and diversity of the field. It also illustrates how child developmentalists use theory, research, and applications to help solve significant social problems. An emphasis on practical, take-home information provides students with lessons they can use both now and in the future.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Apply Developmental Science and Engage Students - A strong balance of research and applications maintains student interest throughout every section in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Reflective questions included within MyVirtualChild encouraging students to think critically and apply chapter content to real life situations as they raise their own virtual child.
- Explore Research – “From Research to Practice” and “Are You an Informed Consumer of Development?” show students how they can apply the concepts they’re learning in the text to real life situations.
- Understand Culture and Diversity – “Developmental Diversity” sections highlight issues relevant in today’s multicultural society.
- Support Instructors - Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, Video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide extensive support for instructors.
0205989543 / 9780205989546 Child Development Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205253547 / 9780205253548 Child Development