Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This extensively-updated text is designed to promote excellence in pediatric nursing care, in both acute care settings and in the community. CHILD HEALTH NURSING, 3/e focuses on helping students synthesize new knowledge, apply evidence-based findings, collaborate with children, families, and other healthcare professionals, and use clinical reasoning to plan superior care. It views families as integral participants in all care, and recognizes that all children need health promotion and maintenance interventions, wherever they seek care or whatever conditions they are experiencing. This edition uses current NANDA International diagnoses, Nursing Intervention Classifications (NIC), Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC), and Healthy People 2020 recommendations. Sample nursing care plans help students apply developmental, psychosocial, and physiologic concepts to the care of children with specific conditions. Research, clinical reasoning, and evidence-based practice are emphasized and integrated throughout, and coverage of contemporary topics ranges from genomics to new pharmacological treatment options.
0133414078 / 9780133414073 Child Health Nursing Plus NEW MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0132840073 / 9780132840071 Child Health
0133350401 / 9780133350401 NEW MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Child Health Nursing (24 month access)
Table of Contents
UNIT I: Nurses, Children, and Families
1. Child Health Nursing: Concepts, Roles, and Issues
2. Family-Centered Care: Theory and Applications
3. Cultural Influences
UNIT II: Child Concepts and Application
4. Genetic and Hereditary Influences
5. Concepts of Growth and Development
6. Child and Family Communication
7. Pediatric and Newborn Assessment
UNIT III: Health Promotion and Health Maintenance Through Childhood
8. Concepts of Health Promotion and Health Maintenance
9. Health Promotion and Maintenance of the Newborn
10. Health Promotion and Maintenance of the Infant
11. Health Promotion and Maintenance of the Toddler and Preschooler
12. Health Promotion and Maintenance of the School-Age Child
13. Health Promotion and Maintenance of the Adolescent
UNIT IV: Child Healthcare Settings and Considerations
14. Nursing Care of the Child in the Community
15. Nursing Care of the Hospitalized Child
16. Nursing Care of the Child with a Chronic Condition
17. Nursing Care of the Child with a Life-Threatening Illness or Injury
18. End-of-Life Care and Bereavement
UNIT V: Nursing Care for Common Health Concerns
19. Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
20. Social and Environmental Influences on Child and Adolescent Health
21. Pain Assessment and Management
22. Immunizations and Communicable Diseases
UNIT VI: Nursing Care for Specific Health Conditions
23. Alterations in Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
24. Alterations in Eye, Ear Nose, and Throat Function
25. Alterations in Respiratory Function
26. Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
27. Alterations in Immune Function
28. Alterations in Hematologic Function
29. The Child With Cancer
30. Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
31. Alterations in Genitourinary Function
32. Alterations in Endocrine and Metabolic Function
33. Alterations in Neurologic Function
34. Alterations in Mental Health and Cognition
35. Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
36. Alterations in Skin Integrity
A. Physical Growth Charts
B. Pediatric Blood Pressure Tables
C. Dietary Reference Intakes
D. Selected Pediatric Laboratory Values
E. Diagnostic Tests and Laboratory Procedures
F. Emergency Assessment and Initial Management
G. Body Surface Area Nomogram
H. Temperature and Weight Conversion
I. NCLEX Answers with Rationale