ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Research Made Relevant
Children and Their Development, 6e demonstrates how research translates into practice.
Written by a well-known and respected researcher in the field of child development, this topically organized text uses unique and effective pedagogy as its main framework. The book focuses on practice through its accessible writing, modular format, and application-based features, such as: Focus on Research, Cultural Influences, Spotlight on Theories, Improving Children’s Lives, and Child and Development and Family Policy. Topic coverage includes the prenatal period through adolescence, which best suits Child Development courses in Psychology, Education, Human Development, Child and Family Studies, and Early Childhood Education.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Interactive resources like MyDevelopmentLab with MyVirtualChild encourage students to apply chapter content to real life situations.
- Engage Students - A strong balance of research and applications maintains student interest.
- Explore Research – A multitude of features draw on research methods that contribute to the scientific process.
- Understand Culture and Diversity – Cultural Influences feature illustrates the diversity of developmental journeys.
- Support Instructors - MyDevelopmentLab’s Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide instructors with extensive materials to supplement the text.
020598942X / 9780205989423 Children and Their Development Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205034942 / 9780205034949 Children and Their Development
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card