The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Children Moving is a comprehensive introduction to teaching physical education to the elementary school student. This text is both soundly based in theory and a practical guide to teaching physical education to children. Its skill themes approach trains teachers to help children develop their motor skills with developmentally appropriate activities.
Table of Contents
PART I. INTRODUCTION AND CONTENT OVERVIEW
1. The Value and Purpose of Physical Education for Children
2. The Skill Theme Approach
3. Skill Themes Movement Concepts and the National Standards
4. Physical Fitness and Wellness for Children
5. Reflective Teaching
6. Teaching Children with Special Needs
PART II. TEACHING SKILLS
7. Determining Generic Levels of Skill Proficiency