Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For courses in Student Success or First Year Experience.
The activities and strategies in this book focus on three core principles—critical thinking, priority management, and personal well-being. These form the foundation for academic, career, and life success.
Choices for College Success emphasizes the power of personal choice and responsibility to help students maximize their talents and minimize their anxiety by building successful habits. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Power of Personal Choice and Responsibility
Choices for College Success demonstrates how organized action and critical thinking will help students achieve academic success, create a healthy and balanced life, and realize their dreams. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Critical Thinking: The RED Model for critical thinking presents an eloquently simple and practical model to carefully analyze and address school and life challenges.
· Priority Management:Provides personal assessments and activities for students to reflect and apply the strategies introduced around the “choices they make”—and take responsibility for their journey using key principles underlying student success.
· Personal Well-being: A multi-dimensional model for personal well-being and balance helps students navigate the transitions and adjustments to college life and is critical to their overall sense of balance in life.
Note: This is a standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0321952502 / 9780321952509 Choices for College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321908694 / 9780321908698 Choices for College Success
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card
Steve Piscitelli understands, applies, and builds upon basic principles of student success. He helps students visualize their dreams and prioritize their resources on the way to a life of well-being and balance. In addition to this third edition of Choices for College Success , Pearson published Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff? (third edition, 2013). Steve has also written, recorded, and produced two CDs. He maintains a YouTube Channel and posts a weekly blog on life success issues and strategies. His classroom and nationally known workshops combine energy, interaction, music, video, and humor to connect students and faculty with practical strategies. Steve earned degrees from Jacksonville University, The University of North Florida, and The University of Florida. He brings more than thirty years of classroom teaching experience to this edition of Choices. Steve lives with his wife, Laurie, and canine companion, Buddy, in Atlantic Beach, Florida. You will find more information about Steve at www.stevepiscitelli.com
Table of Contents
Introduction: YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!
TOPIC 1: TRANSITIONS, BALANCE, AND ORGANIZATION
TOPIC 2: CRITICAL THINKING
TOPIC 3: PRIORITY MANAGEMENT
TOPIC 4: INFORMATION LITERACY
TOPIC 5: MOTIVATION AND GOAL ACHIEVING
TOPIC 6: LEARNING STYLES
TOPIC 7: CLASS TIME LISTENING AND NOTE-TAKING
TOPIC 8: MEMORY AND STUDYING
TOPIC 9: READING
TOPIC 10: TEST PREPARATION AND TEST TAKING
TOPIC 11: CIVILITY
TOPIC 12: TREATING YOURSELF WITH RESPECT
TOPIC 13: FINANCIAL LITERACY
TOPIC 14: EXPLORATION OF MAJORS AND CAREERS