Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Alister E. McGrath is Professor of Theology, Ministry and Education at King’s College London, UK, and head of its Centre for Theology, Religion, and Culture. Prior to his current post, he was Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, UK. One of the world’s leading theologians, he is the author of some of the most widely used textbooks on theology, including the bestselling Christian Theology: An Introduction (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010), now in its fifth edition, and Historical Theology, second edition (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012). He is much in demand as a speaker at conferences around the world.
Table of Contents
List of Maps and Illustrations xiii
How to Use This Book xv
1. The Early Church, 100–500 1
2. The Middle Ages and Renaissance, c. 500–c. 1500 71
3. Competing Visions of Reform, c. 1500–c. 1650 150
4. The Modern Age, c. 1650–1914 214
5. The Twentieth Century, 1914 to the Present 285
Where Next? 349
A Glossary of Christian Terms 351