Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
An exciting book for incorporating French cinema and culture into a French language course. Each chapter of the book is devoted to a single movie and includes tools for students watching the film, discussing and writing about the film, and understanding the film in a broader cultural context. This best-selling textbook continues to define language learning through film.
Included in each chapter, is vocabulary helpful to understanding and discussing the film, structured exercises in understanding the film once it has been viewed—especially for discussion in class—and an accompanying reading for each film designed to provide perspective on the film itself.
New to the fourth edition:
- Four new award-winning films
- Revised selection of readings
- Handy textboxes providing clarifications, examples, and how to avoid common mistakes
- Screen shots of characters in Premiere Approche
- Companion website offering links to film trailers, interviews, and other online resources
The Films (new in bold):
Inch’ Allah dimanche | Jean de Florette | Manon des sources | Ressources humaines | Joyeux Noël | Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain |L’esquive | Ridicule | La veuve de Saint-Pierre | Les femmes du 6e étage | Welcome | Au revoir les enfants | 8 femmes | Cyrano de Bergerac | Le hussard sur le toit | Molière | Le dernier métro | Le dîner de cons