Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: INTRODUCTION TO CIVIL LITIGATION
1. The Paralegal in Civil Litigation
2. Technology in Civil Litigation
3. The Court System
UNIT TWO: INVESTIGATION AND PLANNING THE LITIGATION
4. Client Interviews and Investigation in Civil Litigation
5. Organizing and Managing Civil Litigation
6. Electronic Research
UNIT THREE: EVIDENCE AND DOCUMENTS IN CIVIL LITIGATION
8. Settlement and Alternative Dispute Resolution
9. Pleadings: Complaint, Summons, and Service
10. Pleadings: Responses to Complaint
UNIT FOUR: FORMAL DISCOVERY METHODS
11. Introduction to Discovery
12. Issues in Electronic Discovery
13. Interrogatories and Requests for Production
15. Other Forms of Discovery
UNIT FIVE: TRIAL OF THE CASE
16. Trial Preparation–Postdiscovery to Pretrial
18. The Electronic Courtroom and Trial Presentation
UNIT SIX: POSTTRIAL ISSUES
19. Posttrial Procedures
20. Enforcement of Judgments
APPENDIX 1. Case Studies
APPENDIX 2. Glossary of Spanish Equivalents for Important Legal Terms
APPENDIX 3. Internet Resources