Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES AND TECHNIQUES USED IN A CLINICAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
1. Laboratory Basics
3. Laboratory Automation
4. Laboratory Operations
SECTION II: ANALYTES
7. Lipids, Lipoproteins, and Cardiovascular Disease
8. Amino Acids and Proteins
10. Tumor Markers
11. Nonprotein Nitrogen and Renal Function
12. Body Water and Electrolyte Homeostasis
13. Blood Gases, pH and Acid Base Balance
14. Mineral and Bone Metabolism
15. The Endocrine System
16. Gastrointestinal (GI) Function
18. Cardiac Function
19. Liver Function
20. Iron, Porphyrins and Hemoglobin
21. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
23. Trace Elements
25. Molecular Diagnostics
A. US Customary System of Measurement of Length, Area, Liquid, and Mass
B. Conversions from US Customary to Metric Units
C. Metric Prefixes for the Basic Units of Measurement
D Conversion Among Different Measurements within the Metric System
E. Base Units of the Le Système International d’ Unitès
F. Derived Units of the Le Système International d’ Unitès
G. Common Acids and Bases Used in Laboratories
H. pH Values and Their Corresponding Hydrogen and Hydroxyl Molar Concentrations
I. Nomogram for the Determination of Body Surface Area of Children and Adults.
J. Body Mass Index (BMI) Table
K. Reference Intervals for Selected Analytes
L. Periodic Table of Elements
M. Answers to Case Study Questions
N. Answers to Checkpoints
O. Answers to Review Questions