Designed to meet the needs of both clinical laboratory technicians and clinical laboratory scientists, CLINICAL LABORATORY HEMATOLOGY has been updated into a brand new edition.
This comprehensive--yet easy to read--guide to hematology and hemostasis features cutting-edge technologies, high-quality photographs and micrographs, case studies, and convenient dual-level (basic and advanced) presentation of information. Visual cross-referencing (symbols) throughout make finding information exceptionally easy.
Key chapters are presented by a number of different authors and experts in the field and include information on: cellular homeostasis; the Stucture and Function of Hematopoietic Organs; Hemolytic anemia; Nonmalignant lymphocyte disorders and much more.
- A flexible format withs two levels of chapter-concluding review questions, matched to the two levels of objectives at the start of every chapter.
- Integrated companion website study guide (www.pearsonhighered.com/mckenzie) with additional images and quiz questions to test comprehension of the chapter material.
Featrues immediate tabulation of quiz results.
- High-quality, full-color blood and bone marrow micrographs presented throughout the text.
- Real-life scenarios presented in running case studies throughout each chapter.
- Chceckpoints in each chapter provide learning "speed bumps" along the way to help readers apply and assess comprehension as they progress through each chapter.
- Clear and understandable coverage of new technologies within the worlds of molecular diagnostics, flow cytometry, and cytogenetics.