The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Now in its Fifth Edition,Clinical Neuropsychologyreviews the major neurobehavioral disorders associated with brain dysfunction and injury. Like previous editions of this book, the Fifth Edition focuses on the clinical presentation of the major neurobehavioral syndromes, including symptoms, signs, methods of assessment that are useful for diagnosis, and also their underlying anatomy, physiology, and pathology. The major behavioral disorders that are covered include aphasia, agraphia, alexia, amnesia, apraxia, neglect, executive disorders and dementia. The text also discusses advances in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of these disorders. The authors attempt to explain the cognitive mechanisms that can account for specific symptoms and signs, and to provide new information about treatment and management. The authors have drawn from a wealth of new information and research that has emerged since the Fourth Edition was published in 2003. The editors have added a chapter on creativity to the Fifth Edition, since there has been increased interest in creativity, and brain disorders can either enhance or impair creativity. This text will be of value to clinicians, investigators, and students from a variety of disciplines, including neurology, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, psychiatry, and speech pathology.
Kenneth M. Heilman, MD is the James E. Rooks Jr. Distinguished Professor Department of Neurology at the University of Florida College of Medicine
Edward Valenstein, MD is an Adjunct Professor at Florida State University College of Medicine and Professor Emeritus at University of Florida
Table of Contents
1. Introduction Kenneth M. Heilman and Edward Valenstein
2. Aphasic Syndromes David Caplan
3. Phonology, Semantics, and Lexical Semantics Stephen E. Nadeau and Diane L. Kendall
4. Syntactic Aspects of Language Disorders David Caplan
5. Acquired Dyslexia H. Branch Coslett
6. Agraphia Lauren Ullrich and David P. Roeltgen
7. Disorders of Visual-Spatial Perception and Cognition Martha J. Farah and Russell A. Epstein
8. Acalculia and Disturbances of the Body Schema Natalie L. Denburg and Daniel Tranel
9. Anosognosia John C. Adair and Anna M. Barrett
10. Apraxia Kenneth M. Heilman and Leslie J. Gonzalez Rothi
11. Agnosia Russell M. Bauer
12. Neglect and Related Disorders Kenneth M. Heilman, Robert T. Watson, and Edward Valenstein
13. Callosal Syndromes Eran Zaidel, Marco Iacoboni, Steve Berman, Dahlia W. Zaidel and Joseph E. Bogen
14. The Frontal Lobes Antonio R. Damasio, Steven W. Anderson, and Daniel Tranel
15. Emotional Disorders Associated With Neurological Diseases Kenneth M. Heilman, Lee X. Blonder, Dawn Bowers, and Edward Valenstein
16. Amnesic Disorders Russell M. Bauer, Gila Z. Reckess, Abhay Kumar, and Edward Valenstein
17. Neuropsychology of Dementia David Knopman
18. Creativity Valeria Drago, Bruce Miller, and Kenneth M. Heilman