Only one copy
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Third Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
Notes to Instructors.
Contents of Audiocassette Tapes and Audio CDs.
1 Overview of Clinical Phonetics.
2. Linguistic Phonetics.
3. The Three Systems of Speech Production.
4. Vowels and Diphthongs.
6. Diacritics and Sounds in Context.
7. Clinical Scoring and Transcription.
8. Transcription Training.
9. Transcription and Scoring Practice.
10. Acoustic Phonetics.
Appendix A: Phonetics Symbols and Terms.
Appendix B: Distributional, Structural, and Proportional Occurrence Data for American English Sounds, Syllables, and Words.
Appendix C: Distinctive Features.
Appendix D: Procedures to Calculate Transcription Reliability and Research Findings.
Appendix E: Procedures for Audio Recording and Speech Sampling.
Appendix F: Dialect: Language Variation Across Cultures.
Appendix H: Anatomic Bases of Developmental Phonetics.
Answers to Exercises.