Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
This textbook presents a comprehensive framework for planning, guiding, and evaluating learning activities for undergraduate and graduate nursing students in clinical settings.
The book presents clinical teaching strategies that are effective and practical in a rapidly changing health care environment. It describes a range of teaching strategies useful for courses in which the teacher is on-site with students, in courses using preceptors, in simulation laboratories, and in distance education environments.
This book represents the cutting edge of educational strategies, examining innovative uses of virtual reality, game-based learning, and nontraditional sites for clinical teaching. Also discussed are culturally inclusive strategies, methods incorporating current technologies, and strategies for teaching students with disabilities.
- Choosing clinical learning assignments
- Self-directed learning activities
- Case method, case study, and grand rounds
- Clinical Nurse Educator Examination Detailed Test Blueprint core competencies
- Evaluation strategies and grading for written assignments
- Ethical and legal issues in clinical teaching
- Recognizing that clinical settings require different approaches to teaching, the contributors present all the tools necessary to help educators meet the challenges of this complex learning environment.
Table of Contents
|Foundations of Clinical Teaching||p. 1|
|Contextual Factors Affecting Clinical Teaching||p. 3|
|Outcomes of Clinical Teaching||p. 19|
|Preparing for Clinical Learning Activities||p. 35|
|Process of Clinical Teaching||p. 59|
|Ethical and Legal Issues in Clinical Teaching||p. 89|
|Strategies for Effective Clinical Teaching||p. 113|
|Choosing Clinical Learning Assignments||p. 115|
|Self-Directed Learning Activities||p. 133|
|Clinical Simulation||p. 151|
|Virtual Reality and Game-Based Clinical Education||p. 183|
|Case Method, Case Study, and Grand Rounds||p. 213|
|Discussion and Clinical Conference||p. 231|
|Clinical Teaching Strategies for Selected Contexts||p. 253|
|Quality Clinical Education for Graduate Nursing Students at a Distance: One Exemplar||p. 255|
|Using Preceptors as Clinical Teachers and Coaches||p. 285|
|Clinical Teaching in Diverse Settings||p. 307|
|Evaluation Strategies in Clinical Teaching||p. 341|
|Written Assignments||p. 343|
|Clinical Evaluation and Grading||p. 371|
|Appendix: Certified Nurse Educator (CNECM) Examination Detailed Test Blueprint||p. 415|
|Table of Contents provided by Ingram. All Rights Reserved.|