Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Sally Lipsky has a B.S. elementary education from the University of New Mexico, M.Ed. reading education from Texas Southern University, and Ph.D. language communications and adult education from the University of Pittsburgh. She is a full professor in the Developmental Studies Department, College of Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Her work has centered on aspects of student learning at the post-secondary level, including college reading and study strategies and peer-to-peer learning.
Sally's publications include:
· A Training Guide for College Tutors and Peer Educators. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc., 2011.
· What Every Student Should Know About Reading and Studying the Social Sciences (w/ Hamer, A. B.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2010.
· Introduction to Higher Education (w/ Winstead, S.). New York, NY: Pearson Custom Publishing.
· College Study: The Essential Ingredients, 2 e. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
She is a member of the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and the National Association for Developmental Education (NADE), and has facilitated numerous professional presentations.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Creating Academic Success
CHAPTER 2 Managing Your Time
CHAPTER 3 Maximizing Your Productivity
CHAPTER 4 Active Listening and Note Taking
CHAPTER 5 Reading and Studying Text Material
CHAPTER 6 Enhancing Your Learning and Memory
CHAPTER 7 Preparing for Tests
CHAPTER 8 Taking Tests
CHAPTER 9 Continuing Your Academic Success: A Review