Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Written by well-known scholars in the field, this book introduces combinatorics alongside modern techniques, showcases the interdisciplinary aspects of the topic, and illustrates how to problem solve with a multitude of exercises throughout. The authors' approach is very reader-friendly and avoids the "scholarly tone" found in many books on this topic.
Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting:
- Focuses on enumeration and combinatorial thinking as a way to develop a variety of effective approaches to solving counting problems
- Includes brief summaries of basic concepts from probability, power series, and group theory to show how combinatorics interacts with other fields
- Provides abstract ideas that are grounded in familiar concrete settings and features plentiful diagrams throughout to further add in reader understanding
- Presents simple and helpful notations as needed, and simple cases are treated first before more general and/or advanced cases
- Contains over 700 exercise sets, ranging from the routine to the advanced, with either hints, short answers, or complete solutions for odd numbered problems. An Instructor's Manual (available via request to the Publisher) provides complete solutions for all exercises