Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. The Evolution of Policing: Past Wisdom and Future Directions
2. COPPS: Partnerships in a Changing Society
3. COPPS: Problem Oriented Policing
4. Crime Prevention: Creating Safe Communities
5. Information Technology: Tools for the Task
6. From Recruit to Chief: Changing the Agency Culture
7. Planning and Implementation: Translating Ideas into Action
8. Evaluation of COPPS Initiatives
9. Training for COPPS: Approaches and Challenges
10. Police in a Diverse Society
11. COPPS on the Beat: Drugs, Gangs, and Youth Crimes
12. More COPPS on the Beat: Selected Issues and Problems
13. COPPS: Selected American Approaches
14. COPPS Abroad: Foreign Venues
15. The Future: Bright or Bleak?
Appendix A: Award-Winning Problem-Solving Case Studies
Appendix B: Community Survey in Fort Collins, Colorado
Appendix C: Strategic Plan Survey in Portland, Oregon