Especially appealing in this hectic world, Mediterranean food relies on ingredients and ideas rather than fancy techniques or fussy garnishes, making it a simple and relaxing way to cook. With an emphasis on classic foolproof concepts that are open to experimentation, The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook provides a rich palate of recipes that even the novice cook will not shy away from trying.
There is an amazing diversity in the dishes offered, such as Chickpea and Linguine Soup; Baked Mussels; Meat and Artichoke Pie; Chicken Stuffed with Couscous; Pansotti with Walnut Sauce; and Baklava, making it ultimately appealing to any appetite. From Basic Recipes to Seafood dishes, from Soups to Breads and Pastries, this compilation of recipes covered the wide and varied region known as the Mediterranean. Enjoy!
Mediterranean recipes include:
- Garlic Shrimp from Spain
- Cuttlefish in Red Wine from Greece
- Fresh Tuna Casserole from Malta
- Chicken with Preserved Lemon and Olives from Morocco
- Baked Lasagne with Meat Sauce from Italy
- Casserole of Lamb and Beans from France
- Peppers with Tomatoes and Eggs from Tunisia
- Fattoush from Lebanon and Syria
- Olive Bread from Cyprus
- Baked Fillo Rolls from Turkey
- Gazelle's Horns from Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia