Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Comprehensive Assurance and Systems Tool (CAST) provides an integrated learning opportunity that encompasses financial statement assurance and accounting information systems. CAST uniquely exposes students to these issues at The Winery at Chateau Americana, a hypothetical company that is based on an actual domestic winery. Unlike traditional projects and assignments that may offer little or no context, students develop a rich knowledge and understanding of Chateau Americana and its industry as they provide assurance on the company’s financial statements and address a variety of challenging accounting information systems issues.
The third edition has been updated in response to the changes that have occurred in the accounting environment, in technology, and in response to the many helpful comments and suggestions we have received from adopters and students alike.
In the Computerized AIS Module, the authors have provided more advanced Macro instruction and additional PivotTable practice.
Table of Contents
2. Spreadsheet Applications Using Microsoft® Excel 2010
2.1 Protecting the Data
2.2 Formula Auditing
2.3 Data Integrity
2.4 Simple Data Analysis
2.5 What-If Analysis
2.6 Information Needs
2.8 More Advanced Macros
2.9 Database Functions
2.10 Introduction to PivotTable Reports
2.11 Detail in Reporting
2.12 Flexible Budgeting Using PivotTables
2.13 Creating Charts From PivotTables
3. General Ledger Applications Using Peachtree Complete
3.1 Setting Up a New Company
3.2 Setting Up the General Ledger
3.3 Setting Up Beginning Account Balances
3.4 Setting Up User Security
3.5 Setting Up Accounts Receivable
3.6 Setting Up Accounts Payable
3.7 Setting Up Inventory
3.8 Setting Up Payroll
3.9 Setting Up Payroll Formulas
3.10 Entering Transactions
3.11 Transaction Set A
3.12 Month-End Procedures
3.13 Year-End Procedures
3.11 Transaction Set B
3.11 Transaction Set C
4. Database Applications Using Microsoft® Access 2010
4.1 Creating a New Database and New Table
4.2 Creating a Form
4.3 Ensuring Sequential Integrity
4.4 Creating Relations
4.5 Integrating Forms within Forms
4.6 Creating a Query
4.7 Creating a Report