Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: A CAREER IN HEALTH CARE
1. Introduction to Professional Billing and Coding Careers
SECTION II: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PATIENT, PROVIDER, AND CARRIER
2. Understanding Managed Care: Insurance Plans
3. Understanding Managed Care: Medical Contracts and Ethics
4. HIPAA: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
SECTION III: MEDICAL CODING
5. ICD-9-CM Medical Coding
6. ICD-10-CM Medical Coding
7. Introduction to CPT and Place of Service Coding
8. Coding Procedures and Services
9. HCPCS and Coding Compliance
SECTION IV: MEDICAL CLAIMS
11. Physician Medical Billing
12. Hospital Medical Billing
SECTION V: GOVERNMENT MEDICAL BILLING
13. Medicare Medical Billing
14. Medicaid Medical Billing
15. TRICARE Medical Billing
SECTION VI: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
16. Explanation of Benefits and Payment Adjudication
17. Refunds and Appeals
SECTION VII: INJURED EMPLO YEE MEDICAL CLAIM
18. Workers' Compensation
SECTION VIII: USE OF MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
19. Electronic Medical Claims Processing