Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Table of Contents
2. Elements of Chemistry: Understanding chemistry through its language.
3. Discovering the Atom and Subatomic Particles: Where we've been and what we now know.
4. The Atomic Nucleus: Know nukes.
5. Atomic Models: Virtual handles on the very real.
6. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Shapes: How atoms connect to one another.
7. Molecular Mixing: How molecules attract one another.
8. Those Incredible Water Molecules: Macroscopic consequences of molecular stickiness.
9. An Overview of Chemical Reactions: How reactants react to form products.
10. Acids and Bases: Exchanging protons.
11. Oxidations and Reductions: Transferring electrons.
12. Organic Compounds: A survey of carbon-based molecules.
13. Chemicals of Life: The nutrients that make up our bodies.
14. The Chemistry of Drugs: Understanding drug action.
15. Optimizing Food Production: From the good Earth.
16. Fresh Water Resources: Our roles and responsibilities.
17. Air Resources: One planet, one atmosphere.
18. Material Resources: A look at the materials of our society.
19. Energy Resources: Managing for the present and future.
Appendices.A: Scientific Notation.
B: Significant Figures and Uncertainties.
C: Answers to Odd Exercises.