Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Introduction
1. Speaking in Public
2. The Audience-Centered Speechmaking Process
3. Ethics and Free Speech
4. Improving Your Confidence
Part 2. Analyzing an Audience
6. Analyzing Your Audience
7. Adapting to Your Audience As You Speak
Part 3. Preparing a Speech
8. Developing Your Speech
9. Gathering Supporting Material
10. Supporting Your Speech
Part 4. Crafting a Speech
11. Organizing Your Speech
12. Developing an Introduction
13. Developing a Conclusion
14. Outlining and Editing Your Speech
15. Using Words Well
Part 5. Delivering a Speech
16. Methods of Delivery
17. Nonverbal Communication
18. Verbal Communication
19. Delivering Your Speech
20. Selecting Presentation Aids
21. Designing and Using Presentation Aids
Part 6. Types of Speeches
22. Informative Speaking
23. Understanding Principles of Persuasive Speaking
24. Using Persuasive Strategies
25. Speaking on Special Occasions
26. Speaking in Small Groups