Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Matthew Reed is the author of the popular blog Confessions of a Community College Dean for Inside Higher Ed. He is vice president for academic affairs at Holyoke Community College and has been a full-time and adjunct faculty member, associate dean, and dean at for-profit and community colleges. He lives in Massachusetts with his wife and two young children.
Table of Contents
About the Author iv
Foreword by Kay McClenney vii
1. The Community College Landscape 13
2. Funding: Where the Money Comes From, Where It Goes, and Why There’s Never Enough 35
3. Community College Administration: Who Does What 61
4. Herding Cats: Managing Creative People 85
5. Regular Challenges of the Dean’s Job 105
6. Saving Community Colleges: A Few Modest Proposals 125