Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
1. The Nature of Conflict
Part I: The Theory and Context for Managing Conflict in the Workplace
2. Preventing Conflict
3. Approaches to Conflict
4. Working Toward Collaboration
Part II: Interpersonal Communication Skills for Resolving Conflict
5. The Three Channels of Communication
6. Listening to Resolve Conflict and Build Lasting Relationships
7. The Communication Continua
Part III: Preparing to Resolve Conflicts
8. Are You Capable?
9. Opening the Doors to Conflict Resolution
Part IV: Application and Practice
10. The Building Blocks of Collaboration
11. Integrative Negotiation: Negotiating as Partners
12. Overcoming Barriers to Integrative Negotiation
13. Mediating Conflicts Between Parties
14. Decision-Making Choices for the Manager
15. Handling Conflicts Requiring Direct Confrontation
16. Special Situations: "Opportunistic" Employees, Workplace Violence, Terminations, and Bullying
17. Achieving Effectiveness as a Conflict Manager