Connect® Marketing (www.mcgrawhillconnect.com)
is McGraw-Hill’s web-based assignment and assessment platform that connects you and your students to the coursework. With a variety of assignments, and easy to use interface, Connect is the leading solution in assignment and assessment.
ensures your students are learning faster, studying more efficiently, and retaining more knowledge. It pinpoints concepts the student does not understand and maps out a personalized study plan for success. Based on students' self-diagnoses of their proficiency, LearnSmart
intelligently provides students with a series of adaptive questions. This provides students with a personalized one-on-one tutor experience.
within Connect are designed to reinforce learning by offering a visual presentation of the learning objectives highlighted in every chapter of the text. Interactive presentations are engaging, online, professional presentations (fully Section 508 compliant) covering the same core concepts directly from the chapter, while offering additional examples and graphics. These presentations teach students learning objectives in a multimedia format, bringing the course to life. They are a great prep tool for students – when a student is better prepared, they are more engaged and better able to participate in class.
provided for each chapter of the textbook allow instructors to assign application-focused interactive activities, engage students to “do” marketing, stimulate critical thinking, and reinforce key concepts. Students apply what they’ve learnt and receive immediate feedback. Instructors can customize these activities and monitor student progress. The following types of Interactive Applications were developed for M: Marketing
3e based on actual book-specific content.
- Video Cases - Video Cases have been designed to engage the student through interactive content that goes beyond basic recall. Contrary to the standard videos on the market which provide a passive learning experience, these videos force students to think critically on the fly and apply and practice chapter concepts.
- Drag and Drop and Sequencing- These fun and interactive drag and drop exercises motivate students to apply concepts within the context of a scenario or case allowing them to think like a marketing manager.
- Chart Population - Students will be asked to categorize information by assigning items to specific fields within a chart. Students will then be asked to analyze the chart created with 6 multiple-choice questions. For example, we will create a person’s buying behavior profile and ask students to categorize each attribute statement by types of psychological and social variables of buying behavior. The multiple-choice questions that follow will focus on how these behaviors translate into components of a company strategy.
- Decision Generators - Students are presented with 2-3 concepts from the text and a written case study that illustrates the concepts presented. The students will then answer a series of questions to either predict what the company will do or reach a decision on a certain issue (the ‘evidence’ presented will be very concrete to ensure a clearly correct response). For example, create a profile of a valuable worker who is displaying a wide area of motivational problems. Students are provided with the various theories on motivation and a series of questions to decipher the best course of action for this worker’s manager.
, unique to this text, provide further experiential learning for the student and assessment opportunity for the instructor. The following concepts are covered through an Interactive Student Toolkit:
- SWOT Analysis (Chapter 2)
- Compensatory versus Non-compensatory Consumer Decision Making (Chapter 5)
- Vendor Evaluation Analysis (Chapter 6)
- Market Positioning Map (Chapter 8)
- Customer Lifetime Value (Chapter 9)
- Service Quality (Chapter 12)
- Break-even Analysis (Chapter 13)
- Return on Investment (Chapter 17)
Additional premium resources
are included at no additional charge in Connect to further enhance the student and instructor experience, and include Marketer’s Showdown.
How does an instructor gain access?
Instructors must contact their McGraw-Hill representative to receive an instructor account in Connect. Comprehensive training and support is available to instructors via www.mcgrawhillconnect.com/getstarted.
How does a student gain access?
Students gain access through a unique website address specific to their instructor’s course and section. Instructors must provide this URL to their students in order to access content from Connect.