McGraw-Hill’s Connect Public Speaking helps students practice, build confidence, and achieve success in public speaking.
• Speech Preparation tools give students a wealth of resources to prepare and plan speeches, including a topic helper and customizable outline tool.
• A highly flexible speech capture tool saves instructors valuable time in managing assignments and evaluating student speeches.
• LearnSmart™, McGraw-Hill’s proven adaptive learning system, guides them toward mastery of key course concepts.
• Sample speech videos offer examples for discussion and analysis.
• A bank of assignable exercises provides a wealth of opportunity for chapter study and assessment.
Additionally, Connect Public Speaking integrates a complete interactive eBook of iSpeak:Public Speaking for Contemporary Life
. With exercises directly mapped to the topics in the book, the students are is only one click away from the textbook. The eBook also includes a powerful search function that allows students to quickly scan the entire book for relevant topics.
• Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
Part One Preparing Your Presentations 1 Getting Started 2 Preparing Your First Presentation 3 Selecting a Topic and Purpose 4 Analyzing the Audience Part Two Selecting and Arranging Content 5 Finding Information and Supporting Your Ideas 6 Organizing and Outlining Your Presentation 7 Delivering Speeches 8 Choosing Your Words 9 Visual Resources and Presentation Technology Part Three Types of Presentations 10 Presenting to Inform 11 Presenting Persuasive Messages 12 Speaking on Special Occasions Appendix: Working and Presenting as a Group Glossary References Credits Index