The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
McGraw-Hill’s Connect Communication helps students practice communication skills, build confidence in public speaking, and achieve success in their business communication course.
• LearnSmart™, McGraw-Hill’s proven adaptive learning system, guides them toward mastery of key course concepts.
• Speech Preparation tools give students a wealth of resources to prepare and plan speeches, including a topic helper and customizable outline tool.
• A highly flexible speech capture tool saves instructors valuable time in managing assignments and evaluating student speeches.
• A bank of assignable exercises provides a wealth of opportunity for chapter study and assessment.
• Sample speech videos offer examples for discussion and analysis.
• Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
Table of Contents
PART ONE Communication in Principle Chapter 1 Communication: A First Look Chapter 2 Communication and Culture Chapter 3 Perceiving Ourselves and Others Chapter 4 How We Use Language Chapter 5 Communicating Nonverbally Chapter 6 Listening Effectively PART TWO Communication in Context Chapter 7 Communicating in Social and Professional Relationships Chapter 8 Communicating in Intimate Relationships Chapter 9 Communicating in Small Groups Chapter 10 Decision Making and Leadership in Groups PART THREE Communication in the Public Sphere Chapter 11 Choosing, Developing, and Researching a Topic Chapter 12 Organizing and Finding Support for Your Speech Chapter 13 Presenting a Speech Confidently and Competently Chapter 14 Speaking Informatively Chapter 15 Speaking Persuasively APPENDIX Appendix Workplace Communication and Interviewing A-1 Glossary G-1 | Notes EN-1 | Credits C-1 | Index I-1 Create your own customized Communication Matters at www.mcgrawhillcreate.com. Chapter 16 Communicating in Organizations Chapter 17 Communication and Media Chapter 18 Communication and Health