Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
2. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses: Who Are They?
3. Self-Awareness and the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse
4. The Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship
Unit II. Theoretical Basis for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practice
5. Theories for Interdisciplinary Care in Psychiatry
6. The Biologic Basis of Behavioral and Mental Disorders
7. The Science of Psychopharmacology
8. Stress, Anxiety, and Coping
9. Cultural Competence
Unit III. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Processes
10. Therapeutic Communication
11. Psychiatric-Mental Health Assessment
12. Ethics, Clients’ Rights, and Legal and Forensic Issues
13. Creating Hospital and Community-Based Therapeutic Environments
Unit IV. Clients with Mental Disorders
14. Cognitive Disorders
15. Substance-Related Disorders
17. Mood Disorders
18. Anxiety Disorders
19. Dissociative, Somatoform, and Factitious Disorders
20. Gender Identity and Sexual Disorders
21. Eating Disorders
22. Personality Disorders
Unit V. Vulnerable Populations
23. Clients at Risk for Suicide and Self-Destructive Behavior
24. Intrafamily Violence: Physical and Sexual Abuse
Unit VI. Intervention Strategies
28. Therapeutic Groups
29. Family-Focused Interventions
30. Cognitive and Behavioral Interventions
31. Psychopharmacologic Nursing Interventions
32. Recovery and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Strategies
33. Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Healing Practices
34. Crisis Intervention
35. Anger Management and Intervention in Psychiatric-Mental Health Settings