NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
Widely popular as an undergraduate and graduate text and a valuable in-service resource, Content Area Reading shows pre- and in-service content area teachers how to use literacy-related instructional strategies to help students think and learn with all kinds of print and digital texts. As in previous editions, the emphasis is on the comprehensive content, including an ever-expanding knowledge base in the areas of literacy, cognition and learning, educational policy, new literacies and technologies, and student diversity.
This edition updates readers with current theory, research, and practices related to content literacy and learning in disciplines. Throughout it includes a renewed focus on writing across the content areas, with emphasis on strategies for online writing and multimodal learning; new disciplinary literacy boxes throughout, new Voices from the Field boxes and new instructional strategy examples replacing those in older editions; updated content and references reflecting current developments in literacy education and content area reading; a new Key Learning Outcomes feature at the beginning of each chapter, and a new Check Your Understanding feature at the end of each chapter. A major update of Chapter 2, Learning with New Literacies, includes strategies to engage and empower multimodal learning across the curriculum. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134068823 / 9780134068824 Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134228065 / 9780134228068 Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0134228324 / 9780134228327 Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card