Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Daniel Girdano, PhD, has held the position of professor at the Universities of Maryland, Utah, Wyoming, Texas A & M, Boston University, and The Pennsylvania State University. He is currently professor and faculty mentor for Walden University. As director of the psychophysiology research laboratory at the University of Maryland he used research in biofeedback, counseling, and relaxation training to pioneer the comprehensive study of stress management. He has authored or co-authored 40 health and fitness textbooks and over 50 articles.
Dorothy E. Dusek, PhD, has been professor at San Francisco State, Worcester State College, the University of Maryland, University of Utah, University of Wyoming, and Metropolitan State College in Denver. She has written over 30 books on the topics of nutrition, fitness, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, health counseling, behavior change, communication, psychosomatic medicine, and others. She has a private counseling practice in Winter Park Colorado.
George S. Everly, Jr., PhD, ABPP is Professor of Psychology, Loyola College in Maryland, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and a member of the Johns Hopkins Center for Public Health Preparedness at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Table of Contents
1. Stress, Stressors and Stress Management
2. Systems That Control Stress Arousal
3. The Body’s Response to Stress
4. The Human Spirit
5. Stressful Emotions, Thoughts, and Beliefs
6. Patterns of Behavior
7. Demands and Expectations
8. Stress and the Human Environment Interaction
9. Stress in Relationships
10. Psychological Trauma and Human Resilience
11. Stress in the Workplace
12. Breathing and Relaxation
13. Muscle Relaxation
14. Autogenics and Visual Imagery
15. Yoga and Stretch-Relaxation
17. Stress Reduction through Physical Activity
18. Your Personal Stress Management Plan