Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Core Concepts in Pharmacology, Fourth Edition, presents pharmacology from an interdisciplinary perspective, drawing upon core concepts of anatomy, physiology, and pathology to make drug therapy understandable.
- Focuses on core information to concisely communicate the most important pharmacologic information.
- Takes a prototype approach to drug therapy, covering one or two most representative drugs in each classification.
NOTE: This is the standalone book.
Table of Contents
Basic Concepts in Pharmacology
1. Introduction to Pharmacology: Drug Regulation and Approval
2. Drug Classes, Schedules, and Categories
3. Methods of Drug Administration
4. What Happens After a Drug Has Been Administered
5. The Nursing Process in Pharmacology
6. The Role of Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Pharmacology
7. Substance Abuse
The Nervous System
8. Drugs Affecting Functions of the Autonomic Nervous System
9. Drugs for Anxiety and Insomnia
10. Drugs for Emotional, Mood, and Behavioral Disorders
11. Drugs for Psychoses
12. Drugs for Degenerative Diseases and Muscles
13. Drugs for Seizures
14. Drugs for Pain Management
15. Drugs for Anesthesia
The Cardiovascular and Urinary Systems
16. Drugs for Lipid Disorders
17.Diuretics and Drugs for Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders
18. Drugs for Hypertension
19. Drugs for Heart Failure
20. Drugs for Angina Pectoris, Myocardial Infarction, and Stroke
21. Drugs for Shock and Anaphylaxis
22. Drugs for Dysrhythmias
23. Drugs for Coagulation Disorders
The Immune System
24. Drugs for Inflammation and Fever
25. Drugs for Immune System Modulation
26. Drugs for Bacterial Infections
27. Drugs for Fungal, Viral, and Parasitic Diseases
28. Drugs for Neoplasia
The Respiratory and Digestive Systems
29. Drugs for Respiratory Disorders
30. Drugs for Gastrointestinal Disorders
31. Vitamins, Minerals, and Nutritional Supplements
The Endocrine and Reproductive Systems
32. Drugs for Endocrine Disorders
33. Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus
34. Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Reproductive System
The Skeletal System, Integumentary System, and Eyes and Ears
35. Drugs for Bone and Joint Disorders
36. Drugs for Skin Disorders
37. Drugs for Eye and Ear Disorders
B: B rief Answers to NCLEX-PN® and Case Study Questions
C: Calculating Dosages
D: ISMP’s List of Error-Prone Abbreviation, Symbols, and Dose Designations
E: ISMP’s List of High-Alert Medications
Appendix F (Complete Answers and Rationales for NCLEX-PN® Review and Case Study Questions) and the Glossary appear on the related website.