Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
COUNSELING CHILDREN covers the most practical and up-to-date methods for developing effective approaches to counseling children. Authors Charles Thompson and Donna Henderson's book is unparalleled in its translation of theory into practice. COUNSELING CHILDREN is an easy-to-read guide that includes useful strategies and case studies to provide readers with a realistic look at the counseling field.
- COUNSELING CHILDREN presents twelve established counseling theories used when working with children and their families, as well as techniques and interventions based on those theories.
- The updated text features in-depth practice information on issues and techniques in counseling children, such as play therapy, counseling children from different cultures, and ethical and legal issues.
- Each theory chapter in COUNSELING CHILDREN includes information on how to use that theory, as well as website listings that provide students with further resources for the information discussed in the text.
- The text offers solution-focused brief counseling and paradoxical counseling methods, providing step-by-step assistance in helping beginner counselors develop their skills.
- Each COUNSELING CHILDREN chapter contains short case studies with counseling transcripts, illustrating how that specific counseling theory is applied.
|Introduction to Counseling Children|
|Introduction to a Child's World|
|The Counseling Process|
|Legal and Ethical Considerations|
|Counseling Theories and Techniques|
|Reality Therapy: Counseling with Choice Theory|
|Brief Counseling: Solution Focused|
|Cognitive Behavioral Therapy|
|Consultation and Collaboration|
|Group Counseling with Children|
|Counseling Children with Special Concerns|
|Counseling Children with Special Needs|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|