Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1: FOUNDATIONS
1. Legal Foundations
2. Who Controls the Courts?
SECTION 2: TYPES OF COURTS
3. Federal Courts
4. State Courts
5. Juvenile Courts
6. Specialized Courts
SECTION 3: THE PEOPLE INVOLVED
9. Defense Attorneys
10. Defendants and Victims: Their Roles and Rights
SECTION 4: THE COURT PROCESS
11. Arrest and Beyond
12. Plea Bargaining and Guilty Pleas
13. The Jury and the Trial
14. Sentencing, Appeals, and Habeas Corpus
SECTION 5: CURRENT ISSUES AND THE FUTURE OF COURTS
15. Differential Treatment and Wrongful Convictions
16. Technology, Alternatives, and the Future