Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
2. Ethical Awareness.
II. ELEMENTS OF INVESTIGATION.
4. Recording the Crime Scene.
5. Collection and Preservation of Physical Evidence.
6. Laboratory and Technical Services.
7. Basic Investigative Leads.
8. Locating Witnesses.
9. Interviewing Witnesses and Interrogating Suspects.
10. Snitches and Other Informants.
11. Discovering the Hidden and Unknown.
12. Arresting the Accused Person.
13. Case Preparation.
III. INVESTIGATING MAJOR CRIMES.
15. Forcible Rape.
16. Abused, Sexually Exploited, and Missing Children.
18. Arson and Bombings.
19. Terrorist Activity.
20. Dangerous Drugs and Narcotics Cases.
23. Fraud: From Bunco to White-Collar Crime.
24. Violent Crime and Kids with Guns.
25. Organized Crime.
26. Threat Assessment.
27. The Investigator's Role in Community-Oriented/Problem-Solving Policing.
C. U.S. Department of Justice Bibliographic Citations.
D. Street Terrorism and Prevention Act(STEP).
E. Identity Theft: What to Do If It Happens to You.