180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE INITIAL INVESTIGATION
1. Evolution of Policing and Investigation
2. Rules of Evidence and Arrest
3. The Crime Scene
4. Circumstantial Evidence
5. Laboratory and Technical Services
6. Basic Investigative Leads and Investigative Techniques
7. Interviewing and Interrogation
PART II: INVESTIGATING MAJOR CRIMES
8. Crimes of Violence
9. Sexual Assaults
11. Arson, Bombing and Hate Crimes
12. Property Crimes
13. Dangerous Drugs
14. Special Investigations
16. The Investigator as a Witness and Ethical Awareness
APPENDIX A: Case Briefs
APPENDIX B: Federal Controlled Substances
APPENDIX C: Identity Theft: What to do if it Happens to You
APPENDIX D: Answers to Chapter Review Questions