Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part One: DISCIPLINARY, THEORETICAL, AND PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS
1. Criminal Justice and Criminology Research: Mapping the Terrain
2. The Nature of Science and Research
3. Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations
Part Two: CONSIDERATIONS IN RESEARCH PREPARATION
4. The Ethics and Politics of Crime and Justice Research
5. Research Design and Measurement
6. Sampling in Crime and Justice Research
Part Three: QUANTITATIVE DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
7. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Crime and Justice Research
8. Survey and Interview Methods
9. Nonreactive Research: Content Analysis and Existing Documents/Statistics
10. Analysis of Quantitative Data
Part Four: QUALITATIVE RESEARCH, MIXED METHODS, AND PRESENTING RESEARCH
11. The Nature of Qualitative Research
12. Crime and Justice Ethnographic Field Research
13. Historical, Academic Legal, and Mixed Methods Research
14. Presenting Crime and Justice Research