Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Done by Rob Mutchnick - Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Robert Mutchnick did his undergraduate work at Lehman College where he majored in Sociology. His M.S. and Ph.D. work were completed at Florida State University in the School of Criminology. He earned his Ph.D. in 1979. His dissertation was on an empirical explanation of police corruption. He has taught at three universities, not counting his teaching assistantship at Florida State. He taught for two years as a National Teaching Fellow at Florida A and M University in the Sociology, Social Work, and Criminal Justice Department, followed by five years on the faculty at Marshall University. He has been a member of the Department of Criminology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for the past twenty-eight years. In addition to his work in the development of CRIM Interactive and CJ Interactive, he recently published two other texts. Criminological Thought: Pioneers Past and Present, with Randy Martin and Timothy Austin was published in 2009. Robert also recently co-authored Research Methods for the Social Sciences: Practices and Applications with Connie Ireland and Bruce Berg which was published in 2010. At the undergraduate level the courses he teaches include Crime and Justice Systems, Survey of Criminology and Theoretical Criminology. At the graduate level he teaches Criminological Theory.
Table of Contents
- Section 01 -- Brief Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Section 02 -- The Extent of Crime
- Section 03 -- The Causes/Explanations of Criminal Behavior
- Section 04 -- Criminal Law
- Section 05 -- History, Development, and Structure of Law Enforcement
- Section 06 -- Criminal Procedure and the Police
- Section 07 -- The Police: Issue and Challenges
- Section 08 -- History, Development, and Structure of the Courts
- Section 09 -- Pre-Trial Activities and the Criminal Trial
- Section 10 -- Sentencing
- Section 11 -- History, Development, and Structure of Corrections
- Section 12 -- Community-Based Corrections
- Section 13 -- Life Behind Bars
- Section 14 -- History, Development and Structure of Juvenile Justice