Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING CRIME AND VICTIMIZATION
1. Criminology and the Sociological Perspective
2. Public Opinion, the New Media, and the Crime Problem
3. The Measurement and Patterning of Criminal Behavior
4. Victims and Victimization
PART TWO: EXPLAINING CRIME
5. Classical and Neoclassical Perspectives
6. Biological and Psychological Explanations
7. Sociological Theories: Emphasis on Social Structure
8. Sociological Theories: Emphasis on Social Process
9. Sociological Theories: Critical Perspectives
PART THREE: CRIMINAL BEHAVIORS
10. Violent Crime: Homicide, Assault, and Robbery
11. Violence Against Women
12. Property and Crime Fraud
13. White-Collar and Organized Crime
14. Political Crime
15. Consensual Crime
PART FOUR: CONTROLLING AND PREVENTING CRIME
16. Policing; Dilemmas of Crime Control in a Democratic Society
17. Prosecution and Punishment
18. Conclusion: How Can We Reduce Crime?