More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 4/1/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Birendranath Datta is former head and former professor, Department of Folklore, Gauhati University. Former President of the Assam Sahitya Sabha, he was awarded Padma Shri in 2009.
Table of Contents
1. Northeast India and its Socio-cultural Milieu
2. The Study of the Folklore Material of Northeast India: The Case for Taking an Integrated and Multi-dimensional Approach
3. Contacts, Togetherness, and Commoness among Tribal and Non-tribal Populations of Northeast India: As Reflected in Folklore
4. Writing an Integrated History of Northeast India: Traditional and Local Material of Historical Value
5. The Sankaradeva Movement and its Legacy of Cultural Liberation in India's Northeast
6. Sankaradeva and the Tribals of Northeast India
7. Historical and Cultural Relations between Manipur and Assam
8. Madhava Kandali and His Ramayana: An Introduction
9. Rama-katha in the Tribal and Folk Traditions of Assam
10. Sabin Alun: The Karbi Ramayana
11. The Rama-katha Story in the Mizo Tradition
12. Karbi Folklore: Some Outstanding Features
13. The Misings and Their Folklore
14. Changing Contours of Tribal Folklore: Through the Northeast Indian Window
15. Changing Functions of Traditional Narratives: An Indian Perspective with Special Reference to Northeast India
16. History of the Performing Arts of Assam: An Overview
17. Some Aspects of the Traditional Arts and Crafts of Assam
18. Manipuri Manuscript Painting: A Distinctive Northeast Indian Genre