The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
This timely revision of an all-time best-seller in the field features the clarity and scope of a Stallings classic. This comprehensive volume provides the most up-to-date coverage of the essential topics in data communications, networking, Internet technology and protocols, and standards - all in a convenient modular format. Features updated coverage of multimedia, Gigabit and 10 Gbps Ethernet, WiFi/IEEE 802.11 wireless LANs, security, and much more. Ideal for professional reference or self-study. For Product Development personnel, Programmers, Systems Engineers, Network Designers and others involved in the design of data communications and networking products.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Protocols and Architecture.
II. DATA COMMUNICATIONS.
3. Data Transmission. 4. Transmission Media. 5. Data Encoding. 6. The Datacommunication Interface. 7. Data Link Control. 8. Multiplexing.
III. WIDE-AREA NETWORKS.
9. Circuit Switching. 10. Packet Switching. 11. ATM and Frame Relay. 12. Congestion Control in Data Networks.
IV. LOCAL AREA NETWORKS.
13. LAN Technology. 14. LAN Systems.
V. COMMUNICATIONS ARCHITECTURE AND PROTOCOLS.
15. Internet Protocols. 16. Internetwork Operation. 17. Transport Protocols. 18. Network Security. 19. Distributed Applications. Appendix A. ISDN and Broadband ISDN. Appendix B. RFCs Cited in This Book. Appendix C. Projects for Teaching Data and Computer Communications. Glossary. References. Index.