What is included with this book?
Phil Barden is a proven marketer with over 25 years’ experience, including senior and international roles at high profile companies such as Unilever, Diageo and T-Mobile. Fascinated by the insights from decision science and by the value these can bring to marketing, he has latterly immersed himself in this new field. He is now one of very few experts to combine a practitioner’s perspective with a profound knowledge of decision science, making him very much in demand among clients and conference organisers alike. In this book he bridges the gap between the world of marketing and decision science, taking the reader on his fascinating journey.
1. Decision Science: Understanding the Why of Consumer Behaviour 1
2. The Moment of Truth: Decoding Purchase Decisions 37
3. Decoding the Interface: How the Autopilot Perceives Touchpoints 67
4. Optimizing the Path to Purchase: The Decision Interface Makes the Difference 119
5. Goals: The Driving Forces of Purchase Decisions 159
6. From Positioning to Touchpoints: Bringing Value to Life 203
Closing Remarks 255
Recommended Reading 259