What is included with this book?
This is the most authoritative and complete guide to planning, implementing, measuring, and optimizing world-class supply chain transportation processes. Straight from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), it brings together up-to-the-minute principles, strategies, and decisions for cost-efficiently and effectively moving goods between sellers and buyers. CSCMP and Thomas Goldsby introduce crucial concepts including transportation modes, execution, and control; outsourcing, modal and carrier selection, and 3PLs; TMS technologies; ocean shipping, international air, customs, and regulation; and much more. Step by step, The Definitive Guide to Transportation helps you optimize all facets of transportation, one of the highest-cost, highest-impact areas of supply chain management. Coverage includes:
THE COUNCIL OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS (CSCMP) (Chicago, IL) is the preeminent worldwide professional association dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management. With over 8,500 members representing nearly all industry sectors, government, and academia from 67 countries, CSCMP members are the leading practitioners and authorities in the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
THOMAS GOLDSBY (Columbus, OH) is Prof. of Logistics at Ohio State. He has published 50+ research studies and is Executive Editor of Logistics Quarterly.
1. Describe the basic concepts of transportation management and its essential role in demand fulfillment
2. Identify the key elements and processes in managing transportation operations and how they interact
3. Identify principles and strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable transportation operations
4. Explain the critical role of technology in managing transportation operations and product flows
5. Define the requirements and challenges of planning and moving goods between countries
6. Discuss how to assess the performance of transportation operations using standard metrics and frameworks