What is included with this book?
This is the most authoritative and complete guide to planning, implementing, measuring, and optimizing world-class supply chain warehousing processes. Straight from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), it explains each warehousing option, basic warehousing storage and handling operations, strategic planning, and the effects of warehousing design and service decisions on total logistics costs and customer service. This reference introduces crucial concepts including product handling, labor management, warehouse support, and extended value chain processes, facility ownership, planning, and strategy decisions; materials handling; warehouse management systems; Auto-ID, AGVs, and much more. Step by step, The Definitive Guide to Warehousing helps you optimize all facets of warehousing, one of the most pivotal areas of supply chain management. Coverage includes:
THE COUNCIL OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS (CSCMP) (Chicago, IL) is the preeminent worldwide professional association dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management. With over 8,500 members representing nearly all industry sectors, government, and academia from 67 countries, CSCMP members are the leading practitioners and authorities in the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
SCOTT B. KELLER, PH.D. (Pensacola, FL) is a Professor of Marketing and Logistics at the University of West Florida.
1. Describe the basic concepts of warehousing management and its essential role in demand fulfillment
2. Identify the key elements and processes in managing warehousing operations and how they interact
3. Identify principles and strategies for planning and managing warehouse operations
4. Identify principles and strategies for designing materials handling operations within a warehousing facility
5. Explain the critical role of technology in managing warehouse operations and product flows
6. Discuss how to assess the performance of warehousing operations using standard metrics and frameworksThe most authoritative, up-to-the-minute guide to planning, running, measuring, and improving supply chain processes and operations related to warehousing