This is Cisco's authorized, self-paced, foundation learning tool for the latest version of the Cisco Designing Network Service Architectures (ARCH 300-301) exam, now required for CCDP certification. It presents a structured and modular approach to designing networks that are scalable, resilient, offer outstanding performance and availability, and have well-defined failure domains.
In this entirely new Fourth Edition, Marwan Al-shawi and Andre Laurent guide you through performing the conceptual, intermediate, and detailed design of a modern network infrastructure. You'll learn how to create designs that support a wide variety of high-value network solutions over intelligent network services. Closely following the newest CCDP ARCH exam requirements, the authors discuss routing and switching designs of campus and enterprise networks in detail, including data center and wireless networks. Coverage includes:
- Enterprise IGP and BGP connectivity
- Wide Area Network (WAN) design
- Enterprise network to data center integration
- Designing enterprise security services
- Designing QoS for enterprise networks
- Designing large-scale IPv6 networks
- Designing IP Multicast for the enterprise
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) for the enterprise
As a Foundation Learning Guide, this book fully reflects the content of the newest Cisco CCDP ARCH course. Real-world scenarios illustrate key concepts; chapter learning objectives and summaries help focus study; and review questions help readers assess their knowledge.