Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Darrell Morris, EdD, is Professor of Education and Director of the Reading Clinic at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. While at Appalachian State, he has directed the master's program in reading and helped school districts throughout the country set up early reading intervention programs. Recently, Dr. Morris and his colleagues have been studying children's (grades K-6) performance on informal reading inventories. He is the author of The Howard Street Tutoring Manual and a recipient of the International Reading Association's Dina Feitelson Research Award.
Table of Contents
1. A Personal Perspective
2. A Brief History of Informal Reading Diagnosis
II. Diagnosing Reading Problems
3. Administering an Informal Reading Diagnosis
4. Interpretation of Reading Scores
5. Beyond the Initial Reading Diagnosis
III. Correcting Reading Problems
6. Preventing Reading Problems in the Early Grades
7. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
I. Basic Teaching Strategies
8. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
II. Case Studies
IV. Training Reading Teachers
9. Clinical Training for Teachers of Reading