Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Allen Dooley completed his Doctorate in Education and Masters of Professional Writing at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. In addition, he received his Masters and Bachelors in Business Administration from California State University Los Angeles.
Dr. Dooley has been in the field of post-secondary higher education for more than 18 years. Thirteen of those years were at Pasadena City College as a tenured Professor in Computer Information Systems lecturing particularly in the areas of networking, data communications, database theory, and other areas of information literacy. He has also served as a guest lecturer on networking topics at California Polytechnic University in Pomona, Calif., and at Woodbury University in Burbank, Calif. (California Polytechnic University is part of the California State University system in California. Woodbury University is a private four year university.)
Dr. Dooley has an additional six years’ experience as an academic administrator in a variety of roles, including Dean of Business, Dean of Enrollment Management, and Dean of Academic Support. Currently he is Dean of Business at Santa Ana College, Santa Ana, Calif. Prior to his career in education, Allen worked as a banking information technologist at such institutions as Security Pacific Bank, Tokai Bank, Great Western Bank, and other financial institutions.
Web Online Copy
Table of Contents
I. DATA COMMUNICATION ESSENTIALS
1. Elements of Data Communications: Analog and Digital
2. Networking Models: OSI and TCP/IP
II. LAYER SERVICES
3. Physical Layer Fundamentals: Concepts and Components
4. Physical Layer Fundamentals: Media and Devices
5. Data Link Layer Fundamentals
6. Network Layer Services
7. Transport and Application Layer Services and IPv6
III. NETWORKING IMPLEMENTATIONS
8. Local Area Networks and Backbone Networks
9. Wide Area Networks
IV. ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
10. Servers in the Enterprise
11. Integrating the Enterprise
12. Securing the Enterprise
V. CURRENT AND EMERGING DIGITAL BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES
13. Wireless Technologies
14. Business and Social Networking