What is included with this book?
Survive the coming Digipocalypse! The combined power of all things digital is destroying and remaking everything: business, society, and your life. And it won't all be for the better. Think you've seen the biggest changes? You're wrong. The digital juggernaut is only beginning to accelerate. Don't get flattened: read Digital is Destroying Everything.
One institution, industry, and idea at a time, this explosive book reveals how digital is wiping out virtually everything you or anyone else ever held dear. Drawing on his unique perspective as both a futurist, entrepreneur, and Big Data pioneer, Edwards shows how digital is wiping out conventional media industries; long-cherished ideas of privacy, history, and human interaction; governments and the national consensuses they're founded upon; approaches to education that have survived for centuries; professions like law, medicine, and accounting; foundational ideas of value and profit and more.
Along the way, Edwards reveals the explosive implications of technical innovations like Google Glasses, previews the cyberwars and mass knowledge worker unemployment headed our way, and imagines the deep implications of a world where virtually all media is available all the time. Above all, he offers powerful advice for surviving the coming "Digipocalypse" in both your business and personal life – and maybe even coming away a winner.
ANDREW EDWARDS (New York, NY),a pioneer in the digital space since the 1980s, is one of today's most senior thought-leaders in digital analytics, and a regular columnist for ClickZ (Incisive Media). He coined the phrase "Convergence Analytics" in 2012. In March 2013, he launched the industry's first Convergence Analytics Report at the SES Conference in New York. He is a founder and former board member of the Digital Analytics Association (DAA), and managing partner at Technology Leaders where he has provided digital analytics expertise to numerous Fortune® 500 companies. Edwards founded Efectyv Digital in 2012. He co-authored The Dawn of Convergence Analytics, a sponsored report published in 2013 by Incisive Media.
1. How Digital is Destroying Everything
2. Digital has Destroyed the Music Industry
3. Digital has Destroyed the Newspaper and TV News Industries
4. Digital has Destroyed the Book Industry
5. Digital has Destroyed Privacy
6. Digital has Destroyed Dictatorships
7. Digital has Destroyed National Consensus
8. Digital has Destroyed History
9. Digital has Destroyed Human Interaction
10. Digital has Destroyed the Profit Motive
11. Digital has Destroyed Authoritative Value
12. Digital has Destroyed Mom and Pop
13. Digital has Destroyed Education
14. Digital WILL Destroy Doctors, Lawyers and AccountantsWhy digital is destroying virtually everything you hold dear -- and how you can survive and thrive through the coming "Digipocalypse."